28 Mar 2020

Corona Update

Dear All,

It has now been two weeks since we were confronted with the reality of the Corona Virus, when we were told that Bonalba Golf had to shut down, and from one day to the next our lives changed dramatically.  Suddenly, we couldn’t play golf anymore and had a lot of spare time on our hands.  Decisions had to be made whether to go or to stay.  Some of you decided to leave Spain and others decided, or had no option but to stay in Spain, and that literally meant staying in the house and not go out at all, right from the start.  I, for one, decided to stay here as I thought the weather would help to make life more comfortable.  But so far, the lovely weather, which we had before the shut-down, had changed to grey clouds and rain.  Hopefully, the sun will come out soon.

I have been in touch with some of you and I know that there has been communications  between various people on WhatsApp and other channels. And the French Amigos are also trying to keep up with what is going on.  Gilles Delembre is encouraging everyone to keep in touch and it is good to see what is happening in and around. 

As far as our Society is concerned, it would be good to hear from you with any news, photos and suggestions of how to keep fit and how to keep going, which I can then post on our website.  And of course, if any of you need any help at all or just want a chat, please, please, do not hesitate to get in touch with me, Graham, Brian or any other member.  I really do mean it!  We are in this together and we will come through it, however long it takes.

For me, I am trying to stay positive and keeping busy by tackling long overdue tasks in the house.  I am also trying to keep fit by setting a record in climbing the three floors in my house – I just knew, when I bought the house, that these stairs would come in handy one day.  I was told that the shop on the Bonalba roundabout is open in the mornings, so I think I will also be going for a walk to the shop.

Finally, what about the goose family on the course?  They are certainly not getting fat now!


Best wishes, keep washing your hands, keep safe and positive.

Doris